Click to ZoomView Larger
The Prayer Of Jabez
A Contemporary Musical
Created by Karla Worley & Robert Sterling
Arranged by Robert Sterling
No one could have predicted the enormous impact of Bruce Wilkinson's sermon and subsequent book, The Prayer of Jabez. Now, the short but phenomenal prayer that is literally breathing new life into our faith has become a musical for the church.
With Robert Sterling's talent for interesting yet singable vocal arrangements and Karla Worley's gift for unique storytelling and staging, the result is a completely fresh way of experiencing The Prayer of Jabez. Youth and contemporary choirs will love the inventive and clever use of simple props, minimal costumes, and subtle humor that infuse The Prayer of Jabez. The songs were all taken from the original artist recording of the same title and Karla's dramatic vignettes and narration are woven throughout the music.
Truly a collaborative effort at every level, Word Music is delighted to offer this new approach for Christian singers and actors who are ready to "enlarge their territory." Now, more than ever, the world needs to hear these ancient words of inspiration in a vibrant, new voice. To paraphrase Jabez, "May you be blessed indeed!"
Quick OverviewChoral Book
Word Choral Club - Winter 2002
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Length: 50 min.
Release Date: December 05, 2001
- Song Titles
Song TitlesThe Prayer of Jabez Beck, White, LaneThis Is My Prayer John Hartley, Gary SadlerBe in Your Blessing Krippayne, Wood, TaylorBeyond the Borders Hamm, Cooper, CollierTouch of Greatness Beck, SpragueLead Me Away Hartley, SadlerThe Day Is Dawning PhillipsThe Prayer of Jabez Beck, White, Lane
- At a Glance
* Based on the best-selling book by Bruce Wilkinson and featuring the songs from the Forefront recording
* From the creative team of Robert Sterling and Karla Worley, writers of the best-selling youth musicals The Noise We Make and Any Road, Any Cost
* Based on the best-selling Multnomah book - nearly eight million sold - and can parallel your youth ministry's study of the teen edition
* Each song stands alone and can be used outside of the context of the musical
* Simple staging, only one Biblically costumed character, easily performed by choirs of every size
- Clip Art
Thumbnail JPEG File Link TIFF File Link 080689354175.jpg
Write Your Own Review